Men’s Fitness Ultimate Athlete Contest Official Rules
MEN’S FITNESS ULTIMATE ATHLETE CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
PURCHASE NECESSARY. LIMITED TO 200 CONTESTANTS
- Eligibility: Men’s Fitness Ultimate Athlete Event (the “Event”) is open to the first 200 Contestants, males only, who are 18 years or older as of September 26, 2013. Weider Publications, LLC (the “Sponsor”) and its managers, employees and agents, and members of the immediate family of such individuals (including spouses, parents, siblings, children and their respective spouses) and persons living in the same household with any such individuals are ineligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Event will be held on September 27 & 28, 2013, in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, and attendance is required for this Event. The course and equipment are subject to change without prior notice.
- To Enter: Beginning at 12:01 am EST on April 15, 2013, visit the website [mensfitness.com/ultimate athlete, http://mensfitnessultimateathlete.eventbrite.com] to access the “2013 EVENT ENTRY FORM” and pay the $50.00 entry fee. Entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm EST on August 15, 2013. The registration fee includes entry to the EXPO only (entry to the other shows is not included). All entry fees are non-refundable. Each competitor is responsible for his own time, travel, and lodging to the event. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Competitors are required to register by August 15, 2013, and are required to compete September 27th and September 28, 2013 unless directed differently by management.
- Competitors who are competing on September 27 – 28, 2013, must check-in on Thursday September 26, 2013 and go to the registration / check in area located inside the Las Vegas Convention Center – North Hall 1 lobby between 10am – 8pm & show picture identification (Valid Driver’s License or Passports ONLY) to receive a wristband & numbered bib to be worn while participating. Athlete will be notified what time they are to be at the UA course to compete. Failure to appear by the stated times, will result in being removed from the event and a forfeit of the entry fee.
- All competitors must wear appropriate athlete attire and/or sponsors shirts. Shirts, shorts & athletic shoes must be worn at all times.
- Winner Selection: Winners will consist of the top three (3) who score the highest in total points [management will provide event scoring breakdown prior to the event]. Points to be awarded during each separate event station inside the Ultimate Athlete course. All scoring will be tallied at each event area by the referee and the referees decisions are final and binding in all respects relating to the Event.
One (1) Men’s Overall Grand Prize consisting of a 1st Place Trophy & $5000 check.
One (1) Men’s Overall Second Place Prize consisting of a 2nd Place Trophy.
One (1) Men’s Overall Third Place Prize consisting of a 3rd Place Trophy.
No prize package includes taxes, insurance, personal expenses, gratuities, incidental charges or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the prize winner(s). Travel expenses are not paid as part of any of the prizes. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to the unavailability of prizes for any reason, including but not limited to cancellation, scheduling conflicts or force majeure. Any remaining components of the prize will be awarded and the Sponsor’s obligation to the winners will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
- General: The Event is governed by the laws of the State of Florida. By entering, entrants/winners agree: (a) to release the Sponsor and its agents from all liability, loss or damage arising out of or relating to the participation of entrants/winners in the Contest, including with respect to their acceptance and use/misuse of the prizes; (b) to be bound by these Official Rules; (c) that the decision of the Sponsor and/or referees is final and binding on all matters relating to the Event; and (d) to the use of their names, personal information and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide (including the Internet) without additional compensation, except in Tennessee and where otherwise prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes (if applicable). No responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re‑routing or acts of any government or authority. All winners must submit an Affidavit of Eligibility / Release of Liability / Prize Acceptance Form immediately upon being chosen. Noncompliance with these Official Rules shall result in disqualification and award of prizes to an alternate winner. By accepting prizes, winners consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, image (including but not limited to photographs, videos and other likenesses), biographical information and statements concerning the Event, without compensation in connection with advertising, promotion and merchandising, and winners irrevocably grant the right to edit or modify and to publish and copyright the foregoing. Winners must also make themselves available to travel at Sponsor’s expense for promotional purposes. By accepting prizes, winners agree to hold Sponsor and its managers, employees, agents, licensees, successors and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of any and all prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in the Event. By participating in the Event, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and understand that the Event results are final in all respects. By participating in the Event, entrants agree to hold Sponsor and its managers, employees, agents, licensees, successors and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of such participation. Entrant is responsible for all online charges incurred by entrant’s internet service provider. Sponsor does not make any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Personal Information: Any personal information that the winner or participants submit in connection with the Event will be collected and used by the Sponsor and its authorized agents to administer the Event and to award prizes. Participant’s personal information may also be used to send additional information about Sponsor, Sponsor’s affiliates and licensee, and each of their respective products and programs via electronic and ordinary mail. Except as set forth herein, a participant’s personal information will not be used for any other purpose and will not be shared with anyone else unless required by law.
- Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by Weider Publications, LLC located at 4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10004