We know baking muffins sounds a little wimpy but just hear us out. This isn’t “baking” like you’re probably imagining. Nobody’s asking you to tie on an apron or slip on a pair of patterned oven mitts. Seriously—read the directions: There are literally three easy steps between you right now and you with a tray of 12 protein-packed muffins. Look down at your hands. Are they holding muffins? No? Well in 23 minutes they can be. The hardest part of this is going to be stopping yourself from eating more than one, but get past that and you’ve got yourself 12 servings of a delicious, nutrition-packed, muscle-building snack. Enjoy.
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup egg whites
- ½ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup oats
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- ¼ cup sugar substitute
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp low-fat Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray muffin tray with cooking spray.
2. Blend all ingredients together until smooth and divide among sockets in tray (usually 12).
3. Bake until you can insert a fork and remove it without anything sticking, about 17 minutes. Top muffins with Greek yogurt. Makes 12 servings.
- Calories: 70
- Protein: 8g
- Carbs: 7g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Total time: 23 minutes
- 4 Flavor-Packed Lower Carb Meals and SnacksChef Tom Valenti releases a seriously healthy cookbook full of recipes created for diabetics (and guys who just want to keep carbs and sugar in check).
- Try This Super Foods Dessert: Wheat Berry Salad RecipePacked with power players like pomegranate seeds and almonds, this easy treat satisfies your sweet tooth while piling on the nutrition. You won’t be disappointed.