Rock your docksiders without looking like a Gilligan's Island castaway
Whether you're the captain of a seaworthy vessel or just kicking back on the deck of your best friend's dinghy, boat shoes are the right fit. Take advantage of the cool, classic look with some of the fresh new colors and embossed leathers that have brought this all-American footwear back into style.
To avoid looking like a Gilligan's Island castaway, rock your docksiders the right way:
- FOR AN ACTUAL BOAT RIDE: Pair Billabong board shorts with a Hanes tank to soak up the sun.
- FOR A WEEKEND TRIP: Think Eddie Bauer cargo shorts, a CoolMax tee, and your digital camera.
- TO PARTY AT THE LOCAL TIKI BAR: A fitted Lacoste polo, Juicy Men plaid shorts, and a few shots of tequila will have you tearing it up.
- FOR A BEACH WEDDING: Try Banana Republic chinos and a button-down (rolled at the sleeves). Just be sure not to upstage the groom.
1) L.L.BEAN Casco Bay, $45
2) 310 FOOTWEAR Severn, $80
3) SEBAGO Docksides, $85
4) COLE HAAN Air Blake, $195
5) SPERRY TOP-SIDER Authentic Original Seasonal, $75