Be Your Own EMT
Fast fixes for 10 common (or freak) accidents.
Loose a Permanent Tooth
You go into a bar, check out the hot girl sitting by herself, and make your move. But then the hot girl’s Hells Angel boyfriend shows up in a foul mood and decides to separate you from your teeth. What do you do?
● Collect tooth (or teeth). If the tooth is broken, you can’t save it, except for sentimental reasons. If it came out whole, try to reinsert it yourself within 30 minutes.
How? Glad you asked:
1) Rinse it gently with water if necessary, being careful not to handle the roots.
2) Use a mirror to align it, then push it back into place. (You’ll probably have to use more force than you’d expect.) Bite down on a cloth or gauze pad to hold it in place.
● If you can’t reinsert the tooth, store it in milk or between your cheek and gum to prevent drying, and seek emergency medical attention.
● Follow up with a dentist even if the tooth is back in place.