Here, a cringe-worthy countdown: the top franchises in NFL history to kick butt during season play—and lose their grip on the Lombardi Trophy at the last minute.
1. 2007 New England Patriots
The Patriots played like a team possessed in ‘07, completing the first 16-0 regular season in NFL history while scoring a record 589 points. Tom Brady (remember him from #6?) tossed 50 touchdown passes, 23 of those to Randy Moss (he’s in #3), and the two were unstoppable in the regular season. So it comes as no surprise that the Patriots had the game in the bag until Eli Manning and David Tyree hooked up for one the Greatest Catches in Super Bowl History. Manning eluded the pressure of several Patriots and threw a pass high in the air that Tyree caught on top of his helmet, keeping the ball off the ground and the drive alive. Manning was then able to complete the game-winning pass to Plaxico Burress with 35 seconds left. Yup, the Patriots would finish with 18 victories and one Giant loss.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hollywood MonstersHow big and small screen stars got in scary shape.
- Four Ideal Food and Booze Pairings for FallWhiskey and roast chicken, anyone?
- 7 Worst "Green" DrinksYou’d be an idiot to imbibe these juices and smoothies.
- Ripped Guys KnowThe tricks of the trade that all the pros would tell you.