Steer clear of limes for garnish, unless you’ve got a penchant for the things. Or scurvy. Instead go with an olive or a lemon zest twist. If you’re going dry, then enhance the savory side with a few olives on a toothpick.
The Glass: Martini
- 2 fl oz gin
- 3 tsp dry vermouth
- ice cubes
- olive or lemon zest twist
The Instructions: Stir the ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with an olive or a lemon zest twist.
- Editor Obsession: Shoes We LoveOur editors' picks for the best shoes for the coming season.
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.