Start with the best products available. Although most prefer to go to the local auto parts store, your best place for convenience and price is actually online. Autogeek.net has some of the best pricing, usually ship same day, and, if you're patient, you'll often encounter 15% to 20% off sales every few weeks, with free shipping.
Here’s what you need:
- Three five-gallon car wash buckets ("Homer" style)
- Three grit guards, to be placed in the bottom of each bucket
- Car wash soap: There are hundreds of options, but Mequiar's D111 Shampoo Plus, Optimum Car Wash, or Griot's Car Wash are all great
- Three car wash mitts: The micro-chenille wash mitt three-pack is the way to go here, and make sure you choose three different mitts
- Wheel cleaner: Go with SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect or CarPro Iron X Iron Remover; but beware, they smell awful. Use in a well-ventilated area.
- Wheel-cleaning brushes: It's important to clean the barrels of your wheels as well as the wheels' faces; to clean the barrels, use the "Speed Master Wheel Brush," while you can use the "Mother's Wheel Brush" for the wheel
- Drying towel: Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying
- Quick detail maintenance spray sealant: Blackfire Midnight Sun Instant
- Three microfiber towels: Super Soft Deluxe Blue Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges three-pack, to be used for your final finishing step with the quick detail
- Nozzle: Carrand 9-Pattern Adjustable Spray Nozzle, or typical multi-spray hose nozzle from your local hardware store