Even though he’s pushing 50, Hugh Jackman can still throw down with any actor in Hollywood when it comes to working out.
Playing Wolverine for over a decade will keep anyone in shape, and Jackman is the perfect example. When he hits the big screen in Logan in 2017, it'll (probably) be the last time he portrays the hugely popular X-Men hero.
But if his workouts are any indication, Jackman could continue playing the cigar-chomping hero for another decade or two if he wanted. Whether he's putting up a big-money deadlift, finishing off a workout with clap pullups, or doing work with some huge dumbbells, Jackman knows how to bulk up. The Australian actor and his trainer detailed for Men's Fitness some of the training that he did to get into Wolverine shape, but he also enjoys showing it off on social media too.
Jackman is one of the 25 most ripped celebrity dudes to follow on Instagram, just like fellow superhero actors Jason Momoa and September 2016 Men’s Fitness cover star Henry Cavill.
Here are 20 times that Jackman “jacked up” Instagram with his workouts:
20. Jackman works his triceps, chest, and shoulders with some lying skullcrushers:
19. Jackman getting his head in the game:
18. Hugh hits the bench for a dumbbell press:
17. Jackman getting his workout started up with some squats:
16. Jackman shows off some slick balancing skills with exercise ball squats:
15. Jackman works his legs and core with the sled:
14. Wolverine needs a strong core to hunt down bad guys:
13. Jackman pushes himself towards a 5-rep max on this deadlift:
12. Hugh gets his biceps pumped with some dumbbell curls:
11. Wolverine never skips leg day:
11. The trap bar deadlift gets Hugh ready to roll:
10. Hugh isn't just about the clap pushups—he loves some clap pullups too:
9. Jackman gets his arms popping with this dumbbell move:
8. Squats are one of Jackman's go-to moves when he's beefing up to play Wolverine:
7. Jackman hits his core, glutes, calves, and arms with some dumbbell lunges:
6. When Hugh wants to hit a target, he can't be stopped:
5. A pirate beard only makes deadlifts more badass:
4. Hugh pushes his way through the pain to a personal mark:
3. Jackman blasts his delts and pecs—look at those veins pop:
2. Wolverine always has a heavy load on his shoulders:
1. Jackman screams his way to a major deadlift: