What do a fictional sex god, a villain, and the fastest man in the world all have in common? They made AskMen.com's list of the 49 most influential men of 2012.
Follow 6 / 11
29. Felix BaumgartnerAskMen's number 29, Felix Baumgartner, is the definition of daredevil. His specialty is death-defying high altitude jumps and he's currently working to beat Joe Kittinger's parachute-jump world record of 102,800 feet. If his planned 120,000 feet jump is a success, Felix will become "the first man to break the sound barrier solo, outside of an aircraft." His Red Bull-sponsored Stratos effort is an example of the private sector's movement to replace government-sponsored exploration. Felix Baumgartner, we envy your courage, but for now—we'll be waiting for you on the ground.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Healthy Snack Recipes for Building MuscleQuick and easy recipes to satisfy your taste buds.
- Life SaversTen foods to improve heart health.
- Shoe Watch: StrappedAdd some flair to your shoe collection for fall
- Is Your Diet Giving You a Deficiency?If you'd classify your diet as Paleo, vegan or g-free, read this.