What do a fictional sex god, a villain, and the fastest man in the world all have in common? They made AskMen.com's list of the 49 most influential men of 2012.
Follow 6 / 11
29. Felix BaumgartnerAskMen's number 29, Felix Baumgartner, is the definition of daredevil. His specialty is death-defying high altitude jumps and he's currently working to beat Joe Kittinger's parachute-jump world record of 102,800 feet. If his planned 120,000 feet jump is a success, Felix will become "the first man to break the sound barrier solo, outside of an aircraft." His Red Bull-sponsored Stratos effort is an example of the private sector's movement to replace government-sponsored exploration. Felix Baumgartner, we envy your courage, but for now—we'll be waiting for you on the ground.
comments powered by Disqus
- Signs You Look SickYour body might be telling you it's time to see a doctor.
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.