What do a fictional sex god, a villain, and the fastest man in the world all have in common? They made AskMen.com's list of the 49 most influential men of 2012.
Follow 6 / 11
29. Felix BaumgartnerAskMen's number 29, Felix Baumgartner, is the definition of daredevil. His specialty is death-defying high altitude jumps and he's currently working to beat Joe Kittinger's parachute-jump world record of 102,800 feet. If his planned 120,000 feet jump is a success, Felix will become "the first man to break the sound barrier solo, outside of an aircraft." His Red Bull-sponsored Stratos effort is an example of the private sector's movement to replace government-sponsored exploration. Felix Baumgartner, we envy your courage, but for now—we'll be waiting for you on the ground.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Savory Nutrition BarsBars that taste like a meal, not a candy bar.
- 6 Strategic Accessories for Fine-Tuning Your LookDial in your style with these smart and sophisticated pieces.
- 11 Intimidating Foods and How to Prepare ThemDon’t let these dishes deter you. Learn to cook like a chef, from a chef.
- 20 Best Forearm ExercisesPump up your forearms with these 20 moves.