With Star Trek: Beyond warping into theaters on Friday, Captain Kirk—that is, new Men's Fitness cover star Chris Pine—beamed into New York City on Monday night for an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. Here are five standout moments from the visit (plus a guest appearance from our new July/August issue).
1. Life lesson, part 1: Never mix Goldschläger, warm Bud Light, and a dinner of Chinese food.
— Fallon Tonight (@FallonTonight) July 19, 2016
2. Life lesson, part 2: If you DO happen to mix Goldschläger, warm Bud Light, and a dinner of Chinese food, do not pass out on a shag carpet, and definitely get a ride home from someone besides your mom.
3. His impression of Jeff "The Dude" Bridges is spot on.
In working with Bridges on Hell or High Water, the upcoming heist drama directed by David Mackenzie, Pine realized that "every wish you have about Jeff Bridges is absolutely true"—particularly "that little laugh that he does." (Skip ahead to 1:05 in the video):
Oh, and about that movie: "It's about two brothers who are family farmers being taken away because of a crappy mortgage...and they decide to do something about it and help their family out by robbing these banks." So yeah, we'll be seeing that one in theaters, too. (Check out the trailer here.)
4. He shared a sneak peek of Captain Kirk in action on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise.
Skip ahead to 3:28 in the video below for a quick preview of Star Trek: Beyond. (Or check out the trailer here.)
5. 'Inflatable Flip Cup' Might Be Our New Favorite Drinking Game
You can check out the whole episode here, featuring cameos of the latest issue of Men's Fitness at 7:15 and 16:36. Click here to download the new issue of Men's Fitness starring Chris Pine.