Michael B. Jordan didn’t just play Adonis in Creed—he’s a real-life adonis.
The December 2015 Men’s Fitness cover star transformed himself into a shredded machine to play the starring boxer in the latest movie from the Rocky series, and he hasn’t looked back since.
Jordan’s workout—which he detailed for Men’s Fitness—included a wide range of moves to help the actor add hard-rock muscle, including dumbbell kickbacks, bench dips, triceps pulldowns, dumbbell rows, barbell curls, and much more.
Those workouts were wildly effective for Jordan, and now he’s doing it again. The actor is set to play the villain Erik Killmonger in the upcoming Black Panther superhero film—and he’s getting absolutely shredded once more. Jordan is no stranger to physical roles, with Creed, Friday Night Lights, The Wire, and Fantastic Four on his résumé, but playing a villain in a Marvel film is a mighty undertaking.
Fortunately, based on his Instagram—and his Creed workout—Jordan is more than ready to take on Chadwick Boseman’s T’Challa when Black Panther premieres.
Much like other Men’s Fitness cover stars Vin Diesel, Kevin Hart, Henry Cavill, Nick Jonas, Joe Manganiello, and Scott Eastwood, Jordan is a fan of posting his workouts and his shredded physique on social media.
Here are Jordan’s 13 best workout moments from Instagram:
13. Jordan is getting absoultely RIPPED for Black Panther:
12. Jordan gets himself motivated during a boxing workout:
11. Jordan shows off his biceps before getting back into the gym:
10. Damn, he's putting in work for Black Panther:
9. Jordan has a garage gym all his own. Dumbbells, kettlebells, a bench, and more:
8. Jordan beefed up his pecs, delts, and biceps while training for Creed:
7. Okay, sure, Jordan isn’t working out on the cover of the December 2015 issue of Men’s Fitness, but he detailed the intense training that helped him get those rock-hard abs and huge arms.
6. Jordan shows off his musclebound back during his work on Creed:
5. Jordan flexes and shows off his biceps while taking a break from the ring:
4. Jordan told Men's Fitness how he got so jacked for Creed—take a look at how that went down:
3. Jordan shows off his rock-hard six-pack as he gets in a jump rope workout:
2. Jordan sculpted his chest, abs, and arms to perfection while training for Creed:
Sometimes you can't always see the destination but you do find out what you're made of in the journey! @mrcalliet has been sculpting since I first walked into the gym! Tomorrow isn't promised and today is the youngest you will be for the rest of your life! No excuses! Get up and get it while you can!! Photo cred: @eli_joshua
1. Jordan never skips leg day—the actor hits 900 pounds for this workout: