The highly anticipated trailer for Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past is here, and it's a time-warped doozy. Is it a prequel or a sequel? We're not sure yet, since wrapping our heads around time travel makes our heads hurt. But here's what we were able to glean after geeking out over the two-minute trailer:
- The gang's all here! Among the mutant roll-call: Storm, Rogue, and newbie Bishop! Both badass Magnetos (Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender). Plus Tyrion from Game of Thrones.
- You can slap blue body paint all over Jennifer Lawrence and she'd still be the world's most desirable woman. We see Mystique shed a single tear. And be dragged on the ground by Magneto (hey, I thought they were allies?!)
- Older Professor-X (Patrick Stewart) sends Wolverine (Hugh Jackman)—looking a little gray around the edges—back in time to guide Younger Professor-X (played by James McAvoy of X-Men: First Class). Xavier tells Logan to "be patient with" his '70s self. That should be fun, considering what an even-keeled guy Wolverine is.
Regardless of the era, Wolverine is jacked as ever (as evidenced by his bulletproof chest in the trailer) but is mobile enough to kick bad-guy butt across two time periods. “There’s no point in just bulking up,” Hugh Jackman tells Men's Fitness, “because you’ve got to be functional.” To build supermutant strength of your own, click on this exclusive workout, from Hugh's trainer David Kingsbury:
X-Men: Days of Future Past hits theaters until May 23.
- 7 Most Memorable Sports Fan FightsSometimes the biggest hits happen off the field.
- Peter Berg-Produced Sports Documentary Series Premieres Tonight on HBOThe first installment of HBO's "State of Play" series focuses on aggressive sports parents.