The 56th annual Grammy Awards will be aired this Sunday at 8 p.m. EST. What can you expect? LL Cool J hosting for the third time, a reunion performance by Paul McCartney and Ringo Star, and probably a few winners you've never heard of before. Get yourself ready for music's biggest night of the year by listening to some nominees when you hit the gym today.
1. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons (Nominated for Record of the Year)
Whose head wasn't this song stuck in this year? It's one of those tracks that gets you going, so use it to pump up before you go all out during your workout.
2. Good Kid, M.A.A.D City - Kendrick Lamar (Nominated for Album of the Year)
Pick a song, any song. ("B**** Don't Kill My VIbe," maybe?) This guy's the hottest rapper in the game right now--and a frontrunner in this category. Turn up this album when you're at the squat rack.
3. "Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke featuring T.I. & Pharrell (Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance)
If you're able to get Miley's VMA performance out of your head, try remembering the good times you had with this song last summer. Cardio was never over so quickly.
4. "Roar" - Katy Perry (Nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance)
Admit it: You like this song. It's motivational, and if you need some extra convicing as to why it should be on your playlist, here's the music video:
5. "Holy Grail" - Jay Z featuring Justin Timberlake (Nominated for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration)
Jay Z was nominated a whopping nine times this year, plus he's performing. You've got to have some Jay Z on your playlist. His duo with fellow nominee Justin Timberlake is a solid choice.
6. "Sweet Nothing" - Calvin Harris featuring Florence Welch (Nominated for Best Dance Recording)
Sweet Nothing will surely help you put some rhythm in your kettlebell swing.
7. The 20/20 Experience - Justin Timberlake (Nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album)
Is there anything Justin Timberlake can't do? Obviously, this album was nominated--it contains a bunch of hits. We like "TKO."
8. "Started from the Bottom" - Drake (Nominated for Best Rap Song)
Keep your focus while working on legs by realizing how far you've come--you started from the bottom, now you're here.
9. New York: A Love Story - Mack Wilds (Best Urban Contemporary Album
Maybe you've heard of Mack Wilds (he recently transitioned from acting to music), maybe you haven't. Listen to "Own It" and you'll find out why this kid was nominated.
10. "Same Love" - Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis (Nominated for Song of the Year)
Cool down and relax with some easy listening like "Same Love."