3. Columbia Switchback, $125
Best for deep woods hiking
When hiking, this watch has your back to get you back—literally. Using Trakbak technology, it automatically reverses your coordinates 180 degrees with the push of a button, bringing you back to your starting point and ensuring that you’ll never get lost again. In addition to its advanced GPS features, the Switchback reads temperature and has a chronograph, 50-lap memory, and 10-run data storage too. Buy it at Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, and Columbia.com starting October 1, 2012.
- Life SaversTen foods to improve heart health.
- Shoe Watch: StrappedAdd some flair to your shoe collection for fall
- Is Your Diet Giving You a Deficiency?If you'd classify your diet as Paleo, vegan or g-free, read this.
- The Essentials: Cook a Decent MealThe no-nonsense list for elevating your kitchen game.