6. New Balance NX990, $199.99
Best for cardio training and weight loss
Meet your new personal trainer! This watch can’t yell at you to work harder, but it can help you get results in other ways—namely, its heart rate monitor and calorie-burn tracker will help you ensure you’re working hard enough to reach your goals. Bonus features: Easy-to-use software for downloading workout data to your computer (sorry Mac users: it’s PC only); a rechargeable battery; and a digitally-coded chest strap for no crosstalk—so you don’t pick up the heart rate signals from those running around you. Check it out at NBmonitors.com.
- Hollywood MonstersHow big and small screen stars got in scary shape.
- Four Ideal Food and Booze Pairings for FallWhiskey and roast chicken, anyone?
- 7 Worst "Green" DrinksYou’d be an idiot to imbibe these juices and smoothies.
- Ripped Guys KnowThe tricks of the trade that all the pros would tell you.