Mizuno Wave Musha 3
● These flashy flats are light and fast but have enough support and cushioning to keep your feet from getting battered on asphalt.
$85 @ mizunousa.com
FOR ADDED CUSHIONING
New Balance 890
● Comfortable, light, and durable with a new, super-responsive foam-sole compound
designed to keep the shoe low to the ground.
$100 @ newbalance.com
Asics GEL-Speedstar 5
● Weighing just 9.2 ounces, it’s a super-lightweight minimalist shoe—no extra seams to get in the way of your stride. It’s the ideal alternative to going barefoot.
$90 @ asics.com
Saucony ProGrid Mirage
● A simple shoe beefed up with a plastic arch support built into the midsole, plus
memory-foam heel padding. Offers a little extra stability.
$100 @ saucony.com
FOR THE TRACK
Puma FAAS 300
● A lightweight shoe specially designed for competition with a low, flat sole that’s fast
on the track and comfortable enough for daily runs.
$85 @ puma.com
FOR EVEN MORE CUSHIONING
Nike Lunar Elite+2
● Nike’s space-age foam sole continues to be the most responsive we’ve tested. Light
and flexible, with a support system that adjusts to your stride.
$100 @ nike.com
FOR OFF-ROAD MINIMALISTS
Merrell Trail Glove
● The super-thin, but strong, rubber sole will make your foot feel close to the terrain.
The mesh upper protects your foot while ensuring a secure fit.
$110 @ merrell.com
FOR EVEN MORE SUPPORT
Brooks Trance 10
● A special foam sole actually reacts to your weight and gait as you run, providing just the right amount of cushion as well as more support.
$140 @ brooksrunning.com
Adidas adiZero F50 Runner
● Stripped down so there’s no unnecessary weight, the all-mesh upper portion keeps
your feet cool and dry.
$100 @ adidas.com