With the NFL season in full swing, tickets for the hottest match-ups are selling out fast. Guys' trip to Denver to see the Peyton and the Broncos? Planning a double-header weekend to catch your favorite college team on Saturday and the pros on Sunday? All that driving and tailgating will be for naught if you forget the most important thing—the tickets! To make sure you don’t miss out on this season’s most unforgettable games, here are a few tips from industry insiders StubHub.
1. Get the crew together: Invite a group of friends via Facebook or e-mail to use Go Together, an online tool that lets groups discover live events, vote on where to sit, and split the cost; alleviating the hassle of group purchases. Instead of designating a point person who has to organize and coordinate, let Go Together do the work for you.
2. Set up alerts: Once you’ve established a budget, set up price alerts so you don’t miss out on the seats you want. The StubHub app notifies you when it finds tickets that match your budget.
3. Get a guarantee from a reputable source: Make sure that you’re purchasing your tickets from a vendor with a track record of satisfied customers. StubHub offers a 100% money-back Fan Protect guarantee that you’ll get your tickets in time and they’ll be valid for entry.
4. Be flexible: Since tickets have an expiration date, some buyers have found that you can save more money the longer you wait to purchase. If you’re flexible with your event date or seating location, that can work in your favor. There are always deals to be found right up until kick off.
5. Play to win: Sometimes, you’ve just got to get lucky when you’re looking for seats at a big game. We’re giving one lucky Men’s Fitness reader a StubHub gift certificate worth $250. Click here to enter!
Ray Elias is the Chief Marketing Officer of StubHub.
- Changing the Game: UGG for MenThe boot company's new campaign features Tom Brady and other men of character.
- NFL Unveils New Nike Pro Bowl UniformsThe league's on a quest to make January's exhibition game a little more exciting. Step one: flashier uniforms.