May is coming to a close, which means the MLB season is two months in and the 2013 playoffs are on the horizon. With this in mind, Bleacher Report took a look at all 30 teams and compared recent rankings with Opening Day predictions to see how they all stacked up. Bleacher Report updates these power rankings each Monday.
Some of the MLB updates include:
• Houston Astros: As expected, the Astros are struggling this season and it doesn’t look like the latter part of the summer is going to be much better. They have the MLB’s worst ERA at 5.47. Opening Day Rank = 30.
• Minnesota Twins: Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau helped the offense greatly, but bad pitching brings the team down. The lack of success can be attributed to a weak rotation. Opening Day Rank = 26.
• Los Angeles Dodgers: The Dodgers started the year with the highest payroll in the National League, but due to injuries, they are in last place in the NL West. Opening Day Rank = 10.
- Old Athletes Who Could Still School YouMost sports are dominated by 20-something guys. But a few oldies-but-goodies could still school you in a sprint and make age look like just a number.
- The Most Surprisingly High-Paid Sports StarsWho makes big bucks in sports? These high earners aren't what you'd expect.