The best head-to-head Super Bowl matchups in history.
4. John Elway (Denver Broncos) vs. Brett Favre (Green Bay Packers), Super Bowl XXXII (1998)
This one didn’t turn out as expected, as the 28-year-old defending champion Favre was not able to take down the 37-year-old underdog Elway and the Broncos, who won this game in the closing minutes, 31-24. This Super Bowl served to dramatically alter each player’s legacy, as Elway came back the next year and grabbed one more Super Bowl win before retirement, distancing himself from all the Jim Kelly comparisons (he had sat on an 0-3 Super Bowl record for several years). Meanwhile, Favre never got past another NFC Championship Game—after losing to Elway, he lost three of them before retiring after the 2010 season.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Unique Health Benefits of Eight NutsCrack the health code.
- More Muscle in Less TimeGet in the shape of your life with two workouts of less than an hour a week.
- 21 Things to Add to Your Home GymBuilding a home gym? Pick from these 21 products.
- Fight the Test of TimeEat these anti-aging superfoods to turn back the clock.