The best head-to-head Super Bowl matchups in history.
4. John Elway (Denver Broncos) vs. Brett Favre (Green Bay Packers), Super Bowl XXXII (1998)
This one didn’t turn out as expected, as the 28-year-old defending champion Favre was not able to take down the 37-year-old underdog Elway and the Broncos, who won this game in the closing minutes, 31-24. This Super Bowl served to dramatically alter each player’s legacy, as Elway came back the next year and grabbed one more Super Bowl win before retirement, distancing himself from all the Jim Kelly comparisons (he had sat on an 0-3 Super Bowl record for several years). Meanwhile, Favre never got past another NFC Championship Game—after losing to Elway, he lost three of them before retiring after the 2010 season.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Healthy Snack Recipes for Building MuscleQuick and easy recipes to satisfy your taste buds.
- Life SaversTen foods to improve heart health.
- Shoe Watch: StrappedAdd some flair to your shoe collection for fall
- Is Your Diet Giving You a Deficiency?If you'd classify your diet as Paleo, vegan or g-free, read this.