10. Vernon Davis catches a touchdown after play clock runs out
The first gaffe on this list probably doesn’t standout as overly egregious, but speaks to the replacements refs’ trouble with clock management (or simple acknowledgment that the clock exists) so far this season. In two instances during Week 2, the refs forgot to stop the game clock when a player ran out of bounds and after an incomplete pass. On this particular play, the play clock hits zero just before 49ers quarterback Alex Smith receives the snap and uncorks a touchdown to tight end Vernon Davis, breaking open a scoreless game. Obviously, no delay of game is called, and the suspect six is slapped on the scoreboard.
- Seven Super SnacksPack more superfoods into your day with these on-the-go eats.
- Killing ProgressFix the bad habits that are killing your results.
- Gluten-Filled Foods That Are Good For YouSix foods that will make you rethink going gluten-free.
- Rapid-Fire Fat-Burning Workouts10 sessions that will burn your gut.