10. Vernon Davis catches a touchdown after play clock runs out
The first gaffe on this list probably doesn’t standout as overly egregious, but speaks to the replacements refs’ trouble with clock management (or simple acknowledgment that the clock exists) so far this season. In two instances during Week 2, the refs forgot to stop the game clock when a player ran out of bounds and after an incomplete pass. On this particular play, the play clock hits zero just before 49ers quarterback Alex Smith receives the snap and uncorks a touchdown to tight end Vernon Davis, breaking open a scoreless game. Obviously, no delay of game is called, and the suspect six is slapped on the scoreboard.
- Hollywood MonstersHow big and small screen stars got in scary shape.
- Four Ideal Food and Booze Pairings for FallWhiskey and roast chicken, anyone?
- 7 Worst "Green" DrinksYou’d be an idiot to imbibe these juices and smoothies.
- Ripped Guys KnowThe tricks of the trade that all the pros would tell you.