6. Golden Tate’s crack-back block goes unflagged, $21,000 fine follows
Thought you’d see Golden Tate later on this list, huh? Well, by no fault other than his own (and the refs, of course), Tate has somewhat become the poster boy of the Replacement Refs Era, starting off with this doozy of a sequence in Week 2. After a broken play leads to a scramble by Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, Tate unleashes a vicious blindsided crack-back block on Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee. Tate clearly launches on the defenseless player, so when the yellow flag hits the field, a foul called against the wide receiver is soon to follow right? Guess again. Tate, instead, goes unpenalized while Cowboys linebacker Bruce Carter gets called for unnecessary roughness after lightly shoving Wilson out of bonds.
- Editor Obsession: Shoes We LoveOur editors' picks for the best shoes for the coming season.
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.