5. Steven Jackson’s nightmare on the goal line
While Rams running back Steven Jackson has had difficulties scoring touchdowns over his career, it was always more due to his surrounding offense and lack of chances at the goal line. So obviously, when Jackson was presented with a prime scoring opportunity against the Redskins in Week 2, inside the one-yard line, he was probably licking his chops. On second down though, the refs called a fumble when Jackson was clearly down. The fumble was challenged, and the play was reversed, giving Jackson one more chance on third down. Jackson appears to convert the score, but the officials agree to disagree. Not only do they (falsely) rule him down before crossing the plane, Jackson was also flagged for spiking the football, pushing the Rams back for an inevitable field goal.
- Editor Obsession: Shoes We LoveOur editors' picks for the best shoes for the coming season.
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.