From the legendary fist fight after the first Daytona 500, to Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s fatal crash in 2001, here are NASCAR's most gripping events ever.
10. Richard Petty Wins 200th Race with President Ronald Reagan in Attendance
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan gave the command, “Gentlemen, start your engines,” onboard the Air Force One via phone as he flew to attend the 4th of July race at Daytona International Speedway — the first president to do so. At this race, Richard Petty got his 200th W, the most wins ever, by a whopping 95. Petty raced for eight more years and never visited victory lane again.
comments powered by Disqus
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.
- Recover Like a ProCheck out these 12 game-changing workout recovery tools.