From the legendary fist fight after the first Daytona 500, to Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s fatal crash in 2001, here are NASCAR's most gripping events ever.
10. Richard Petty Wins 200th Race with President Ronald Reagan in Attendance
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan gave the command, “Gentlemen, start your engines,” onboard the Air Force One via phone as he flew to attend the 4th of July race at Daytona International Speedway — the first president to do so. At this race, Richard Petty got his 200th W, the most wins ever, by a whopping 95. Petty raced for eight more years and never visited victory lane again.
comments powered by Disqus
- Is Your Diet Giving You a Deficiency?If you'd classify your diet as Paleo, vegan or g-free, read this.
- The Essentials: Cook a Decent MealThe no-nonsense list for elevating your kitchen game.
- Fall's Top 10 AccessoriesUpdating your look doesn't require an entirely new wardrobe.
- 12 New Protein FoodsRDs assess a new crop of protein-boosted foods.