From the legendary fist fight after the first Daytona 500, to Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s fatal crash in 2001, here are NASCAR's most gripping events ever.
1. Dale Earnhardt Dies in Daytona 500
It’s not just the most dramatic moment in NASCAR history — it’s one of the most dramatic in modern U.S. sports history. When Earnhardt died in a crash on the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500, it thrust him and NASCAR into the public consciousness in a new light. Earnhardt was a member of the first NASCAR Hall of Fame class and is widely regarded as one of the top two drivers in history. But perhaps his greatest legacy is this: his death sparked an ongoing safety revolution in NASCAR, and nobody has died in a NASCAR race since he did.
comments powered by Disqus
- Signs You Look SickYour body might be telling you it's time to see a doctor.
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.