From the legendary fist fight after the first Daytona 500, to Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s fatal crash in 2001, here are NASCAR's most gripping events ever.
1. Dale Earnhardt Dies in Daytona 500
It’s not just the most dramatic moment in NASCAR history — it’s one of the most dramatic in modern U.S. sports history. When Earnhardt died in a crash on the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500, it thrust him and NASCAR into the public consciousness in a new light. Earnhardt was a member of the first NASCAR Hall of Fame class and is widely regarded as one of the top two drivers in history. But perhaps his greatest legacy is this: his death sparked an ongoing safety revolution in NASCAR, and nobody has died in a NASCAR race since he did.
comments powered by Disqus
- Shoe Watch: StrappedAdd some flair to your shoe collection for fall
- Is Your Diet Giving You a Deficiency?If you'd classify your diet as Paleo, vegan or g-free, read this.
- The Essentials: Cook a Decent MealThe no-nonsense list for elevating your kitchen game.
- Fall's Top 10 AccessoriesUpdating your look doesn't require an entirely new wardrobe.