From the legendary fist fight after the first Daytona 500, to Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s fatal crash in 2001, here are NASCAR's most gripping events ever.
8. 1979 Daytona 500 Ends in Fist Fight
The first NASCAR race aired from start to finish on live TV coincided with a massive snowstorm in the Northeast leaving people with nothing to do except watch the Southerners race. And to their credit, the Southerners put on a good show indeed. After a last-lap crash, Cale Yarborough got in a fistfight just off the track with the Allison brothers (Bobby and Donnie). Bobby arrived to give Donnie a ride back to the garage after the crash, at which point Bobby and Yarborough traded insults first and then punches.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.
- Sleep SolutionsFive fixes for your sleepless nights.