From the legendary fist fight after the first Daytona 500, to Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s fatal crash in 2001, here are NASCAR's most gripping events ever.
8. 1979 Daytona 500 Ends in Fist Fight
The first NASCAR race aired from start to finish on live TV coincided with a massive snowstorm in the Northeast leaving people with nothing to do except watch the Southerners race. And to their credit, the Southerners put on a good show indeed. After a last-lap crash, Cale Yarborough got in a fistfight just off the track with the Allison brothers (Bobby and Donnie). Bobby arrived to give Donnie a ride back to the garage after the crash, at which point Bobby and Yarborough traded insults first and then punches.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Savory Nutrition BarsBars that taste like a meal, not a candy bar.
- 6 Strategic Accessories for Fine-Tuning Your LookDial in your style with these smart and sophisticated pieces.
- 11 Intimidating Foods and How to Prepare ThemDon’t let these dishes deter you. Learn to cook like a chef, from a chef.
- 20 Best Forearm ExercisesPump up your forearms with these 20 moves.