From the legendary fist fight after the first Daytona 500, to Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s fatal crash in 2001, here are NASCAR's most gripping events ever.
6. Dale Earnhardt Wins Daytona 500 after 19 Tries
One time, he hit a bird. Another time, he got a flat tire. Luck was definitely not on his side. Earnhardt came so close to winning NASCAR’s biggest race, but he couldn’t seal the deal, leaving a gaping hole on his otherwise sterling resume. When he finally won it in 1998, the most famous post-race celebration in the sport’s history ensued, with members of every team lining up to shake his hand as he drove by.
comments powered by Disqus
- Signs You Look SickYour body might be telling you it's time to see a doctor.
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.