From the legendary fist fight after the first Daytona 500, to Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s fatal crash in 2001, here are NASCAR's most gripping events ever.
4. Dozens of Fans Injured in 2013 Crash
More than 30 fans were hurt when a last-lap crash in a Nationwide Series race sent car parts hurtling into the stands at Daytona International Speedway in February. It was one of the scariest fan-related incidents in NASCAR history, and witnesses said it was simply a matter of luck that nobody was killed. The wreck involved 12 cars, and occurred about 50 yards from the finish line. Incredibly, none of the drivers were hurt.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hollywood MonstersHow big and small screen stars got in scary shape.
- Four Ideal Food and Booze Pairings for FallWhiskey and roast chicken, anyone?
- 7 Worst "Green" DrinksYou’d be an idiot to imbibe these juices and smoothies.
- Ripped Guys KnowThe tricks of the trade that all the pros would tell you.