From the legendary fist fight after the first Daytona 500, to Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s fatal crash in 2001, here are NASCAR's most gripping events ever.
2. Tony Stewart Wins 2011 Championship on Final Race
There has never been a season-ending race like this one and probably never will be again. Tony Stewart entered the final race hoping to win the championship since he trailed the leader Carl Edwards by just three points. However, he had to bag the final race to get the points to win the championship — a seemingly impossible feat. But that’s what he did. Edwards finished the race second, and the two drivers finished the season tied in points, which had never happened in NASCAR history. The tiebreaker goes to the driver with highest number of wins. To Stewarts delight, he had the edge with five W’s to Edwards’ one.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Savory Nutrition BarsBars that taste like a meal, not a candy bar.
- 6 Strategic Accessories for Fine-Tuning Your LookDial in your style with these smart and sophisticated pieces.
- 11 Intimidating Foods and How to Prepare ThemDon’t let these dishes deter you. Learn to cook like a chef, from a chef.
- 20 Best Forearm ExercisesPump up your forearms with these 20 moves.