From the legendary fist fight after the first Daytona 500, to Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s fatal crash in 2001, here are NASCAR's most gripping events ever.
2. Tony Stewart Wins 2011 Championship on Final Race
There has never been a season-ending race like this one and probably never will be again. Tony Stewart entered the final race hoping to win the championship since he trailed the leader Carl Edwards by just three points. However, he had to bag the final race to get the points to win the championship — a seemingly impossible feat. But that’s what he did. Edwards finished the race second, and the two drivers finished the season tied in points, which had never happened in NASCAR history. The tiebreaker goes to the driver with highest number of wins. To Stewarts delight, he had the edge with five W’s to Edwards’ one.
comments powered by Disqus
- Signs You Look SickYour body might be telling you it's time to see a doctor.
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.