From the legendary fist fight after the first Daytona 500, to Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s fatal crash in 2001, here are NASCAR's most gripping events ever.
2. Tony Stewart Wins 2011 Championship on Final Race
There has never been a season-ending race like this one and probably never will be again. Tony Stewart entered the final race hoping to win the championship since he trailed the leader Carl Edwards by just three points. However, he had to bag the final race to get the points to win the championship — a seemingly impossible feat. But that’s what he did. Edwards finished the race second, and the two drivers finished the season tied in points, which had never happened in NASCAR history. The tiebreaker goes to the driver with highest number of wins. To Stewarts delight, he had the edge with five W’s to Edwards’ one.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Healthy Snack Recipes for Building MuscleQuick and easy recipes to satisfy your taste buds.
- Life SaversTen foods to improve heart health.
- Shoe Watch: StrappedAdd some flair to your shoe collection for fall
- Is Your Diet Giving You a Deficiency?If you'd classify your diet as Paleo, vegan or g-free, read this.