We gave the country's 50 most populous cities a physical, looking at key fitness factors, like access to healthy food and bike friendliness, and then assigned letter grades from A to F in each of these six categories:
1) Gym/health clubs: How many gyms or clubs there are per person.
2) Bike friendliness: How accessible roads and community spaces are for cyclists.
3) Walk friendliness: How easy it is for a pedestrian to get around.
4) Access to healthy food: What percent of people could get nutritious food readily and with ease.
5) Healthy weight: Percentage of adults who are of healthy weight.
6) Wellbeing: The general quality of life for people living in that city.
- 11 Intimidating Foods and How to Prepare ThemDon’t let these dishes deter you. Learn to cook like a chef, from a chef.
- 20 Best Forearm ExercisesPump up your forearms with these 20 moves.
- The Unique Health Benefits of Eight NutsCrack the health code.
- The Core MovesEvery ab exercise from The 21-Day Shred.