We gave the country's 50 most populous cities a physical, looking at key fitness factors, like access to healthy food and bike friendliness, and then assigned letter grades from A to F in each of these six categories:
1) Gym/health clubs: How many gyms or clubs there are per person.
2) Bike friendliness: How accessible roads and community spaces are for cyclists.
3) Walk friendliness: How easy it is for a pedestrian to get around.
4) Access to healthy food: What percent of people could get nutritious food readily and with ease.
5) Healthy weight: Percentage of adults who are of healthy weight.
6) Wellbeing: The general quality of life for people living in that city.
- Editor Obsession: Shoes We LoveOur editors' picks for the best shoes for the coming season.
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.