We gave the country's 50 most populous cities a physical, looking at key fitness factors, like access to healthy food and bike friendliness, and then assigned letter grades from A to F in each of these six categories:
1) Gym/health clubs: How many gyms or clubs there are per person.
2) Bike friendliness: How accessible roads and community spaces are for cyclists.
3) Walk friendliness: How easy it is for a pedestrian to get around.
4) Access to healthy food: What percent of people could get nutritious food readily and with ease.
5) Healthy weight: Percentage of adults who are of healthy weight.
6) Wellbeing: The general quality of life for people living in that city.
- Signs You Look SickYour body might be telling you it's time to see a doctor.
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.