Dying for a vacation? Head to Iceland and do these awesome outdoor sports. You'll feel far, far, far away from your desk. We promise.
3. Snowmobile Across a Glacier
Snæfellsjökull is one of the world’s most famous glaciers, thanks to its prominent role in Jules Verne’s Journey To The Center of the Earth, as well as its reputation among mystics as one of the world’s major energy centers. And what better way to absorb that energy than to snowmobile all over it? Snowmobilers suit up at the ever-changing snow-line and then race their way across ice fields, between snow mounds, and alongside postcard-worthy views all the way to the exhilarating summit 1,446 meters (4,800 feet!) above sea level. Once there you'll be treated to views of the entire Snæfellsnes Peninsula, from its black sand beaches and rugged mountains to the beautiful bays beyond. To take advantage of the 24 hours of daylight in the summer, midnight snowmobile tours are also on offer. ($205; snjofell.is)
comments powered by Disqus
- Hollywood MonstersHow big and small screen stars got in scary shape.
- Four Ideal Food and Booze Pairings for FallWhiskey and roast chicken, anyone?
- 7 Worst "Green" DrinksYou’d be an idiot to imbibe these juices and smoothies.
- Ripped Guys KnowThe tricks of the trade that all the pros would tell you.