Dying for a vacation? Head to Iceland and do these awesome outdoor sports. You'll feel far, far, far away from your desk. We promise.
4. Sea Kayak through the Fjords
Nothing beats the exhilaration of captaining your own sea kayak over the serene waters of a rugged glacial fjord. An easy day trip from Reykjavik, the quiet Hvalfjörður inlet lies deep in a ring of mountains that reach more than 3000 feet above the sea. Experienced guides lead paddles around the coastline and to the shores of the idyllic Icelandic countryside. If that’s not enough of an upper body workout for you, sign up for a multi-day kayaking expedition through Langisjór Lake in the Icelandic highlands. ($120; adventures.is)
comments powered by Disqus
- Leave Your LegacySeven ways to make your future kids healthier now.
- Feed Your JointsEleven foods that fight pain, stiffness, and swelling.
- Essentials: Build a FireA survivalist teaches you how to build a fire the right way.
- 6 Pieces of High-Performance GearStylish products for an active lifestyle.