6 Ways to Make Your Microwave Work Harder
Six things you probably didn't know you can do with your microwave.
4) Make a kick-ass breakfast sandwich in 120 seconds
For simple scrambled eggs, beat a large egg with one tablespoon of water in a coffee mug. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir, then cook for another 15–30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper, and you’re done. Want a breakfast sandwich that blows fast-food options out of the water? Try this...
Bacon-Blue Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 1 whole-wheat hamburger bun
- 1⁄2 cup torn lettuce
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 large or 3 small tomato slice(s)
- 1 slice red onion
- Lay bacon out on small microwave-safe plate.
- Spray a small microwave-safe bowl with olive oil spray. Add eggs.
- Place paper towel over bacon. Cook in 20-second intervals (between intervals, use a knife to push any set portions of eggs to the center, allowing runny eggs to move to the edges) until eggs are set.
- Remove eggs. Continue cooking bacon until done, rotating as needed to cook evenly.
- Place bun bottom on plate. Add lettuce, eggs, blue cheese, tomato, bacon, onion, and top of bun.
Calories: 353, Protein: 24g, Carbs: 25g, Fat: 18g