Grilled Rib Eyes with Watercress, Blue Cheese & Radish Salad
You didn’t think we’d go through this preview without a steak, did you? Rib eye is Symon’s cut of choice, and this recipe is also complimented by a nice vibrant salad. (serves 4)
- 4 (1-pound) beef rib-eye steaks, preferably dry-aged USDA prime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced radishes
- 4 cups watercress
- 2 cups crumbled blue cheese, preferably Wisconsin
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-high.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks to the desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from the grill and let rest, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, shallot, honey, Dijon mustard, and ½ teaspoon salt. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the radishes and watercress to the dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle the blue cheese over the top.
- To serve, divide the watercress salad and the steaks among 4 plates.