30-Minute Meat Recipes From Michael Symon
The celebrity chef shares simple recipes, tips on how to choose quality cuts, and preparation techniques for meat lovers.
Grilled Rib Eyes with Watercress, Blue Cheese & Radish Salad
You didn’t think we’d go through this preview without a steak, did you? Rib eye is Symon’s cut of choice, and this recipe is also complimented by a nice vibrant salad. (serves 4)
- 4 (1-pound) beef rib-eye steaks, preferably dry-aged USDA prime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced radishes
- 4 cups watercress
- 2 cups crumbled blue cheese, preferably Wisconsin
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-high.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks to the desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from the grill and let rest, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, shallot, honey, Dijon mustard, and ½ teaspoon salt. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the radishes and watercress to the dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle the blue cheese over the top.
- To serve, divide the watercress salad and the steaks among 4 plates.