30-Minute Meat Recipes From Michael Symon
The celebrity chef shares simple recipes, tips on how to choose quality cuts, and preparation techniques for meat lovers.
Grilled Quail with Citrus Glaze
Last but not least, let's class things up with some quail. This versatile dish is not only delicious, but it’s also one of the quickest recipes in the book with a cooking time of less than 10 minutes. (serves 8)
- 8 semi-boneless quail
- Kosher salt
- Grated zest and juice of
- 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-high.
- Liberally season the quail with salt.
- In a small saucepan on the grill, whisk together the orange zest and juice, sherry vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, and jalapeño.
- Drizzle the quail with a little olive oil and put on the grill. Using a pastry brush, liberally baste the quail with the heated citrus glaze.
- Cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side, basting the entire time, until the glaze is slightly charred and the quail are cooked through. Remove the quail from the grill and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Bring the remaining citrus glaze to a boil.
- To serve, split each quail, drizzle with olive oil and the remaining citrus glaze, and top with the chopped tarragon.