- 1-tablespoon canola oil
- 2 spicy turkey sausage links (about 3 ounces each, diced)
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 4 low-carb tortillas (10 inches in diameter)
- 2 scallions, both white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 larger ripe Hass avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 medium-size plum tomato, diced
- ¼ cup nonfat sour cream
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed, nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, until browned all over, about 6 minutes. Remove the sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels
- Add the egg whites to the same pan and cool, stirring occasionally, until they set up nicely to your taste, 3 to 4 minutes
- Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates. Use a rubber spatula to divide the egg white among the centers of the tortillas. Top with some sausage, scallion, avocado, tomato, and sour cream. Roll the tortilla around the filling and tuck one end in to enclose it, leaving the other end open, like a cone. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Serve the burritos with the seam side down.
Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Total Carbohydrates: 20 g
Dietary Fiber: 11 g
Total Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 19 g
Cholesterol: 28 mg
Sodium: 464 mg
- NBA FIT Live Healthy Week: The Better Burger and Homemade Quick PicklesBeef up with a mouthwatering lean sirloin burger recipe from celebrity chef Candice Kumai.
- Easy Lunch Idea: A Revolutionary Roast Beef SandwichRoast beef is a protein-packed, iron-rich food. So treat yourself to this sandwich—and wipe away that case of the Mondays.