- 1-tablespoon canola oil
- 2 spicy turkey sausage links (about 3 ounces each, diced)
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 4 low-carb tortillas (10 inches in diameter)
- 2 scallions, both white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 larger ripe Hass avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 medium-size plum tomato, diced
- ¼ cup nonfat sour cream
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed, nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, until browned all over, about 6 minutes. Remove the sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels
- Add the egg whites to the same pan and cool, stirring occasionally, until they set up nicely to your taste, 3 to 4 minutes
- Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates. Use a rubber spatula to divide the egg white among the centers of the tortillas. Top with some sausage, scallion, avocado, tomato, and sour cream. Roll the tortilla around the filling and tuck one end in to enclose it, leaving the other end open, like a cone. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Serve the burritos with the seam side down.
Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Total Carbohydrates: 20 g
Dietary Fiber: 11 g
Total Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 19 g
Cholesterol: 28 mg
Sodium: 464 mg
- NBA FIT Live Week Healthy Recipes: Marc Forgione's Spicy FrittataA quick and easy morning muscle-builder with a kick.
- A Damn Good Egg White Omelet RecipeLooking for a healthy breakfast? This low-fat recipe from chef Bobby Deen is packed with vegetables and lean protein.