photo by Ben Fink
Strawberry Cobbler (serves ten)
Tip: If the fruit you're using is particularly sweet, you should lessen the amount of sugar you add.
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled, larger berries cut in half
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Nonstick cooking spray
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the strawberries, 1/3 cup of the sugar, and the orange zest and cornstarch in a bowl and toss to combine. Les the berries stand while you make the crumble topping.
- Put the butter, almond flour, all-purpose flour, and remaining to tablespoons of sugar in a bowl, toss them together, and work the mixture with your fingers until it comes together in a loose dough.
- Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Put the strawberries in the dish, using a rubber spatula to gently pat them down into an even layer. Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the strawberries.
- Bake the cobbler until the topping is golden and the fruit is bubbling, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly and serve warm.
Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Total Carbohydrates: 17 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Total Sugars: 14 g
Protein: 1 g
Cholesterol 6 mg
Sodium 1 mg