“In this dairy- and sugar-free ice cream, Power Fuel Nuttzo gets combined with the most potent version of maca for a long-lasting burst of energy," explains Resnick. "With a base of white sweet potato and a solid dose of protein powder, it’s a healthful dessert."
Ice Cream Base
2 medium white sweet potatoes
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
3 scoops vanilla protein powder
1 dropper Sweet Drops English Toffee liquid stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract pinch salt
2 tbsp vodka to prevent over-freezing of ice cream (optional)
Power Fuel Swirl
1/4 cup Power Fuel Nuttzo
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp Longevity Power maca
2 tbsp all-fruit spread
1 tsp water
1. Roast sweet potatoes, whole with skin on, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until soft. Let cool.
2. Peel sweet potatoes, setting aside or discarding skins. Add sweet potatoes to blender.
3. Blend with remaining ice cream base ingredients until smooth and creamy.
4. Chill thoroughly, then process in an ice cream maker. While ice cream is processing, make PF&J swirls by mixing each set of ingredients in a small bowl. Add each swirl in the final moments before turning off the ice cream maker, taking care to not over mix. Freeze until firm.
- Five Healthy Snack Recipes for Building MuscleQuick and easy recipes to satisfy your taste buds.
- Life SaversTen foods to improve heart health.
- Shoe Watch: StrappedAdd some flair to your shoe collection for fall
- Is Your Diet Giving You a Deficiency?If you'd classify your diet as Paleo, vegan or g-free, read this.