- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine parsley, oregano, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the paprika, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper, and process until smooth. Scrape into a bowl. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Can be made 8 hours in advance, tightly covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- 1 1/2 lbs (90/10 percent) ground sirloin or buffalo
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 thin slices Manchego cheese (or swap in Monterey Jack)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices red onion, 1/4 inch thick
1.) Divide the meat into four equal portions (6 ounces each). Form each portion loosely into a 3/4-inch-thick patty and make a deep depression in the center with your thumb. Season with salt and pepper, then brush with oil.
2.) Grill the burger until slightly charred on both sides and cooked to desired doneness, about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Add the cheese to the tops of each burger and cover with a lid or tent with foil during the last 20 seconds of cooking to melt the cheese. Place the burgers on the buns and top with a dollop of the chimichurri sauce and a slice of onion.