- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed well
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin oil
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped mint or parsley
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
How to Make It
1.) Combine the lentils, garlic, oregano, bay leaves, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Add water until lentils are submerged approximately 2 inches. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and let simmer over low heat until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
2.) Drain lentils and discard bay leaves.
3.) Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, cumin, and salt. Toss the lentils with the vinaigrette, stir in remaining ingredients, and top with feta.
Protein: 7 g
Carbs: 21 g
Fat: 12 g
Created by Rebecca Katz, author of The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen