Honey Sabra Chicken with Charoset Stuffed Butternut Squash
Kosher Recipes for Passover
Blocks 4 per serving Yield 1 serving
4oz. Chicken Thighs (Boneless/Skinless)
1/4 ea. Butternut Squash (Cut/Seeded)
1 oz. Sabra (Chocolate-Orange) Liquor
1 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Golden Raisins
1 ea. Granny Smith Apple (Diced)
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon Powder
1/4 tsp. Ginger Powder
1 Tbsp. Potato Starch
1 Tbsp. Red Wine
1 tsp. Olive Oil
1 tsp. Chopped Walnuts
1) Marinate the chicken overnight in the Sabra liquor and 1tsp. oil.
2) Pre-bake the butternut squash in a roasting pan slightly filled with water, @ 350 F. until fork tender.
3) In a sauce pot combine the potato starch, raisins and honey in 1/2 cup water, cook until thick and clear, allow to cool.
4) Mix the apples, nuts and spices with the honey-raisin mixture, stir in the wine.
5) Stuff the squash with the Charoset and bake @ 350 F. for 20 min. longer.
6) Remove the chicken from the marinade and roast in the same oven for the same amount of time or until done.