Start this chili the night before the big game and score with your Super Bowl party guests the next day. They'll dig the delicious combo of spices and protein-packed ingredients—and so will you.
- 1 tbsp canola or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large Hillshire Farm chicken sausage link, cut into 1-inch pieces, on the bias
- 2 medium green and/or red bell peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf, dried
- 4 whole chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, to taste for desired heat
- 2 28-oz cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 15-oz cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chili powder (optional)
- 6 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt, to top
- 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced, on the bias
- Add black and kidney beans to a slow cooker.
- Add chopped onions and peppers.
- Stir in the salt, cumin, and (for a little more heat) chili powder. Throw in a dried bay leaf.
- Add diced tomatoes and chipotle chiles. Cover the slow cooker, and set on HIGH for four hours or on LOW for 8 hours (or overnight).
- Ladle into bowls and top with nonfat Greek yogurt and thinly sliced scallions.