Sweet and Sour Meatballs over Quinoa Pilaf
Kosher Recipes for Passover
Blocks 4 per serving Yield 8 servings
1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
1 ea. Whole Egg
1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper
1 ea. Grated Red Bliss Potato
1 ea. Med. Onion (Chopped)
1/4 cup Raisins
1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
12 oz. Prepared Tomato Sauce
1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
1cup Quinoa (Dry)
2 cup Beef Broth
1/2 cup Mirepoix (Diced) Carrot, Celery and Onions
5Tbsp. Olive Oil
Sweet and Sour Sauce
1) Combine the onion, raisins, brown sugar, vinegar and tomato sauce in a sauce pot and simmer
1) Combine the meat, egg, garlic and onion powders, salt & pepper with the grated potato and make into 1oz. meatballs.
2) Add meatballs to simmering sauce and cook for 1 hour.
1) In a sauce pot saute the mirepoix in the olive oil and add the quinoa.
2) Add the beef broth and bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 min.
1) Place 1/4 cup of the quinoa pilaf on a plate and top with two meatballs, spoon on 1oz., sweet and sour sauce.