Toss together this clean and crisp coleslaw for an easy lunch or dinner side dish. The crunchiness of the cabbage and carrots pair well with grilled meat or fish. By using olive oil and vinegar for a simple vinaigrette, you'll cut down the fat that's found in traditional coleslaw made with mayonaise.
- 1 cup shredded white and purple cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp celery powder
- 2 packets Splenda or Truvia
- Optional: 1 tbsp mixed nuts
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
- Serve with any meat dish.
- Fit Fix: Have a Sweet Tooth? You're Probably Addicted to SugarPlus more of today's top health and science headlines.
- The Rise of Avocado ToastA simple combo of smashed avocado and whole-grain bread is blowing up media feeds across the web—but is the hype legit?