- Fry ½ pound bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Chop and add to 1 liter Tito's Handmade Vodka.
- Let sit 3 to 7 days until desired flavor is reached.
- Slice 1 jalapeno into discs and add to bacon-flavored vodka.
- Let sit 10 to 60 minutes, until desired heat is reached, then strain off the liquid.
- Enjoy straight over ice or add to a Bloody Mary mix (shown) or martini.
Tip: To infuse your cocktail with a true bacon flavor opposed to a smoky, nitrate-y taste, use non-smoked bacon, like center cut uncured bacon.
Recipe courtesy of Tito's Handmade Vodka. Photo: FRANK in Austin, Texas.
- Study: Diet Mixers May Make You DrunkerOpting for low-calorie cocktails at the bar? Mixed drinks made with diet soda raise breath alcohol concentration higher than sugar-sweetened cocktails.
- Behind the Bar: All About BourbonLearn about the history of bourbon, plus how to purchase and enjoy the classic American spirit.