We get it: After a stressful day, you want a drink—in fact, we believe that the occasional drink is a good thing. In excess, however, alcohol can wreak havoc on your health. First, it produces the byproduct acetate, which the body burns for energy rather than burning fat. It also lowers the amount of testosterone you produce and increases cortisol, a hormone that breaks down muscle.
In moderation, though, booze won’t derail your training goals—so check out three MF-approved cocktails below.
- 2 oz Peligroso Reposado Tequila
- ½ lime
- Diet ginger ale
- 1 oz Tanqueray London Dry Gin
- ¼ oz lime juice
- 1 oz soda water
2 oz Ty Ku Coconut Sake
- 1 oz vodka
- 4–5 blueberries, muddled Mint for garnish
- Try This Tonight: 100-Calorie Coconut Sake CocktailsDreading the six months we have to wait til summer? Warm up with an exotic twist on one of our favorite drinks.
- Will Boozing Before Bed Wreck Your Sleep?An end-of-day drink helps you fall asleep fast, but hitting the bottle before you hit the sack also keeps you from catching quality Z’s, according to a new study.