For a lighter pancake, separate the eggs and beat the whites stiffly. The bananas can be either sliced onto the cakes or mashed and incorporated into the batter.
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 banana
- 1 cup rice flour (or substitute corn, chickpea, or tapioca flour)
- Extra butter for frying pancakes
- In the bowl of a food processor, process all of the liquid ingredients together. Slowly add the baking powder, banana, and flour and process until smooth.
- Heat a griddle pan or large frying pan over medium heat. Drop a teaspoon of butter on it and when the butter sizzles, pour batter into pan until about 2 inches in diameter.
- When bubbles come to the top, turn the pancakes and continue to fry until golden brown. Place on a plate in a warm oven to keep the pancakes warm while you make the others.
MAKES: 16 pancakes
All recipes excerpted from The Big Book of Gluten-Free Recipes. Copyright © 2013 by Kimberly A. Tessmer and published by F+W Media, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
- Editor Obsession: Shoes We LoveOur editors' picks for the best shoes for the coming season.
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.