- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch diameter)
- 1 cup pureed tomato salsa
- 2 cups cooked, crumbled lean ground beef, chicken, or turkey
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican four-cheese blend
- Red chile flakes to taste (optional)
- 1/2 firm-ripe Hass avocado, finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Place the tortillas on a nonstick baking sheet. Spread each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the salsa, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Sprinkle each taco with 1/4 cup of the crumbled meat and 1 tablespoon of cheese. Sprinkle with chile flakes (if using).
- Bake for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the edges just start to brown. Remove from the oven. Loosen from the pan.
- Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon diced avocado and fold in half, pressing the edges of the tortilla lightly together. Serve immediately
Fit Factor: 150 calories, 4g fat,160mg sodium, 15 g total carbohydrates (2 g sugars), 3g fiber, 14g protein per serving
Recipe adapted from Flavor First by Cheryl Forberg (Rodale, 2011)
- 11 Intimidating Foods and How to Prepare ThemDon’t let these dishes deter you. Learn to cook like a chef, from a chef.
- 20 Best Forearm ExercisesPump up your forearms with these 20 moves.
- The Unique Health Benefits of Eight NutsCrack the health code.
- The Core MovesEvery ab exercise from The 21-Day Shred.