- 1-½ cups nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt
- ½ medium roasted, peeled red bell pepper or ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp horseradish
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 oz smoked salmon finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Instructions: Combine the yogurt, cream cheese, roasted pepper, horseradish, lime juice, and mustard in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the salmon and shallots. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with chives. Serve with whole-grain crackers.
Serves: 8 (1/4-cup servings)
Fit Factor: 70 calories, 2g fat, 65mg sodium, 3g total carbohydrates (1g sugar), 8g protein per serving
Recipe adapted from Flavor First by Cheryl Forberg (Rodale, 2011)
- Signs You Look SickYour body might be telling you it's time to see a doctor.
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.