- 1-½ cups nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt
- ½ medium roasted, peeled red bell pepper or ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp horseradish
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 oz smoked salmon finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Instructions: Combine the yogurt, cream cheese, roasted pepper, horseradish, lime juice, and mustard in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the salmon and shallots. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with chives. Serve with whole-grain crackers.
Serves: 8 (1/4-cup servings)
Fit Factor: 70 calories, 2g fat, 65mg sodium, 3g total carbohydrates (1g sugar), 8g protein per serving
Recipe adapted from Flavor First by Cheryl Forberg (Rodale, 2011)
- Five Savory Nutrition BarsBars that taste like a meal, not a candy bar.
- 6 Strategic Accessories for Fine-Tuning Your LookDial in your style with these smart and sophisticated pieces.
- 11 Intimidating Foods and How to Prepare ThemDon’t let these dishes deter you. Learn to cook like a chef, from a chef.
- 20 Best Forearm ExercisesPump up your forearms with these 20 moves.