These flavorful baked chickpeas are a great swap for oil-roasted nuts and a delicious source of fiber and protein.
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas or 1-1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained, rinsed, patted dry
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
Instructions: Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, toss the chickpeas with the oil, coriander, curry powder, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, or until crisp and slightly browned. Serve warm or allow to cool.
Fit Factor: 110 calories, 3g fat, 150mg sodium, 17g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 6g protein per serving
Recipe reprinted from Flavor First by Cheryl Forberg (Rodale, 2011)
- Five Savory Nutrition BarsBars that taste like a meal, not a candy bar.
- 6 Strategic Accessories for Fine-Tuning Your LookDial in your style with these smart and sophisticated pieces.
- 11 Intimidating Foods and How to Prepare ThemDon’t let these dishes deter you. Learn to cook like a chef, from a chef.
- 20 Best Forearm ExercisesPump up your forearms with these 20 moves.