- 4 whole Portobella mushroom caps (about 5” each), stem removed
- 1/2 cup low-fat marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup lean turkey Italian sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 4 tbsp shredded fat-free or low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Instructions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Wipe the mushrooms clean of any dirt. Place them on a baking sheet, gill side up. Spoon sauce over each cap, then sprinkle on sausage and cheeses. Place in the oven and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Fit Factor: 97 calories, 3g fat, 305mg sodium, 7g carbs, 2g fiber, 10g protein per serving
(Note: Photo shows uncooked mushrooms—not the finished product.)
- Five Savory Nutrition BarsBars that taste like a meal, not a candy bar.
- 6 Strategic Accessories for Fine-Tuning Your LookDial in your style with these smart and sophisticated pieces.
- 11 Intimidating Foods and How to Prepare ThemDon’t let these dishes deter you. Learn to cook like a chef, from a chef.
- 20 Best Forearm ExercisesPump up your forearms with these 20 moves.