- 4 whole Portobella mushroom caps (about 5” each), stem removed
- 1/2 cup low-fat marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup lean turkey Italian sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 4 tbsp shredded fat-free or low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Instructions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Wipe the mushrooms clean of any dirt. Place them on a baking sheet, gill side up. Spoon sauce over each cap, then sprinkle on sausage and cheeses. Place in the oven and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Fit Factor: 97 calories, 3g fat, 305mg sodium, 7g carbs, 2g fiber, 10g protein per serving
(Note: Photo shows uncooked mushrooms—not the finished product.)
- Is Your Diet Giving You a Deficiency?If you'd classify your diet as Paleo, vegan or g-free, read this.
- The Essentials: Cook a Decent MealThe no-nonsense list for elevating your kitchen game.
- Fall's Top 10 AccessoriesUpdating your look doesn't require an entirely new wardrobe.
- 12 New Protein FoodsRDs assess a new crop of protein-boosted foods.