- 4 whole Portobella mushroom caps (about 5” each), stem removed
- 1/2 cup low-fat marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup lean turkey Italian sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 4 tbsp shredded fat-free or low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Instructions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Wipe the mushrooms clean of any dirt. Place them on a baking sheet, gill side up. Spoon sauce over each cap, then sprinkle on sausage and cheeses. Place in the oven and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Fit Factor: 97 calories, 3g fat, 305mg sodium, 7g carbs, 2g fiber, 10g protein per serving
(Note: Photo shows uncooked mushrooms—not the finished product.)
- Recover Like a ProCheck out these 12 game-changing workout recovery tools.
- Best Health and Fitness Breakthroughs of 2014The year's best health and fitness research.
- 11 Foods Fitness Experts Never EatEven during the holidays.
- The 14 Most Popular Workouts of 2014We highlight the routines that helped you reach your fitness goals this year.